不过我的英语也只有六级的水平
很多地方不懂
就保持原文了

To remember, to forget

I was dreaming,

A small town, a snowy town,

The winter town 9 years ago,

But why was I dreaming?

Had I left something important there? I couldn't remember.

The only thing  left in my mind is the figure of an over-active girl's.

Why couldn't I recall the rest?

So I set up the journey to seek, and

To Remember

After a long time of nine years, Yuri DeMenchev arrived at a small town. He waited on a bench just outside the station. It's the middle of December. The snow was falling down quietly.

"She's too late." Yuri said to himself.

"Watch out for your words!" A very angry voice came from his back, "I've been waiting for you for more than 2 hours and you are saying that I was late?"

"You are the same as you were, Elle." Yuri smiled, and turns his head around at an extraordinary angle.

There was a girl just standing behind the bench, with snow covering her clothes. She is Yuri's friend in his childhood, Elle Sanders.

A while later, Yuri was sitting in Elle's home, which Yuri would stay in. The owner of the house was Elle's mother, Sarah Sanders. Elle's father was seldom back home since he was currently working in Russia.

Elle was sitting in the sofa now, saying nothing to Yuri.

"Elle, forgive Yuri, It's your fault that you were playing hide and seek with him." said Sarah.

"Doesn't he forget that I used to wait for him behind him?" Elle still seemed angry.

"Well, well. I've forgotten too much since I was away, of course including things like that."

"OK, I will forgive you but ONLY this time." Elle smiles.

A moment later, Elle and Yuri was walking on the shopping street of the town. Yuri asked:  "Is the city as same as it was 9 years ago?"

"You've really forgotten?" Elle asked, shocked.

"I've forgotten everything here including..."

At that moment, another girl’s voice shattered through the wind.

"Hey! You there! Let Emily pa~~~ss~~~"

Yuri looked over his shoulder, and found a girl in a thick jacket charging right at him. At the same time Elle made a small hop sideways to avoid the girl.

"What are you doing?! Emily can't stop!" The voice was nearer and nearer, and...

CRASH!

After the comical sound, Yuri was totally faced down to the snow, and another body was on him.

"Emily told you to avoid her. She had already warned you. Why didn't you dodge?" The voice became smaller, "Wait... are you DeMenchev? Yuri DeMenchev?"

Yuri tried to sit up, but he couldn't do that since the strange-talking girl was sitting right on him. He said: "Yes, I am. Could you get up first?"

Ten minutes later, Elle and Yuri were sitting on a bench nearby with the strange girl. Elle tried to ask Yuri about the girl, but gave up when she saw Yuri's eyes.

Yuri tried to break the silence by asking who the strange girl was.

"You seem to know me, but I'm sorry I've forgotten what had happened 9 years ago. And you are?"

"Oh,I see. Emily's name is Emily Granger. If Yuri really forgotten." The strange girl introduced herself at last. "And this is Elle? I've been to your home several times, but every time you were absent..."

"... Because at that time I was staying with my dad in Russia." Elle said.

"And what about your talking style..."

"Yuri has been so rude! Since Emily was asked exactly the same question 9 years ago! which was the time we first met!"

"OK, if you insist." Yuri gave up the question, "Maybe I've really forgotten these things."

"You live alone, right? I heard that from my mother."

"Yeah, Emily's parents are all working in travelling agencies, so they had to be on trip in difference places every day. So I live alone."

At home, Sarah asked Emily if she had any plans for Christmas. After a small family meeting, they decided to let Emily join in Sanders's Christmas party.

"That will make a better atmosphere for Christmas."said Sarah.

"Yes, Emily will be very glad to hear that."

"Yuri, would you mind going to buy something for Christmas with Emily tomorrow? I believe she will be very happy since you are her old-time-friend." said Sarah.

"What about Elle, then?" Yuri asked, "It's unfair to me if 'the other friend' do not go!"

"You can make her go with you if you can drag her up from bed tomorrow morning."

"I'll try." Yuri thought it would be a good chance for him to regain his memory.

The next day, after an attempt for more than 30 minutes, Yuri finally recalled that Elle was the kind of girl that couldn't be waked up by others.

He regretted having forgotton this memory, because dragging Elle up from bed was totally a waste of time.

On the way to the shop, Yuri asked Emily: "What will you do if you had lost your memory?"

"Emily will make new memories of happiness."

"Do you remember anything that happened to me 9 years ago?"

Emily said nothing and quickly changed the topic. “Hey, do you remember there was a very good shop around there which sells awesome, marvelous, fantastic chocolate sundaes?”

She must know something. Yuri thought. But instead, he said:

"Don't mess up with the adjectives, will you?"

"Or what do you want to buy for Emily and Elle as a Christmas present?"

"DO NOT INGORE MY WORDS!" Yuri found his word had no effect on Emily.

After a while, they arrived at the shop, and went in different directions to buy presents.

Weeks flew quickly. Not long after that it was the party time, Christmas Eve.

That night, each one of The Sanders, including Yuri DeMenchev and Emily Granger, gathered together in the hall on the second floor of the house. In the hall there was a big Christmas tree. Yuri wondered how a woman and a girl (Yuri never bought a Christmas tree into the house.) could manage to get the tree into the house.

"Well, it's time for the Christmas dinner, after that we'll exchange our presents." said Sandy.

While they were eating, Emily asked: "Do you really want the memories back, even though they're not so important?"

"Well, I want them back because I can't stand myself being a person with no past"

"Why concern about past? Emily has a theory: all the things we do, are all prearranged by someone. They type our stories out and release it to other people. Under their cursor, there is no past, but only today and tomorrow. That's why you can often hear people comment that the life was just like a dream. But even if we are created by someone, they have their own memories as well. They use their memories to create us. What we can do is to create our own future. It's easy if you live today and tomorrow as a fullest.”

"Then what about the people who created us?" asked Yuri casually.

"Their stories would be written by others, as well." replied Emily, "And we should say 'Merry Christmas' to them, since they are probably cele***ting Christmas too. Emily will do that first."

Then she cleared her throat.

"You people watching us, Merry Christmas!" Emily said cheerfully.

What a crazy idea, thought Yuri.

"What are you talking about? I can't understand a single word!" Elle asks Yuri.

"Neither could I. It seems that Emily is the type of person who never cares about HER past."

"Maybe she never has one." Sandy overheard thier dialogue and said.

"It's not a regular joke that can be told in front of Emily." Yuri smiled.

They continued having their dinner happily. Yuri decided to let go of the unreal dream and memories and welcome the real life.

Happy time always pasts fast. A moment later the party was over. Yuri and Elle was going to accompany Emily home.

"Hey, where do you live?" asked Yuri.

"It's not important at all, since you won't visit me too often if you take my advice."

"It seems so." Yuri sighed.

"It will be OK there." Emily suddenly stops. They had arrived at the bench where Yuri waited for (or was waited for by) Elle some days ago.

"So, see you. Yuri." Emily walked into the darkness beyond the station, and later her figure disappeared.

Why am I feeling that she won't show up again? Yuri thought, and went back home with Elle.

Elle's home was in their sight and Sarah was standing under a lamp post, waiting for them.

"It'd better remain this way." said Yuri, suddenly.

"What did you just said?" asks Elle surprisingly.

"I mean, why should I so concern about the past? Can't I live today and tomorrow as a fullest?"

"Maybe that's better for you." said Sarah, "It's better for you not to care for the past."

"Who knows?" Yuri replied with a smile. And look at the starry sky.

Yes, live your life for tomorrow. Not for yesterday, that's what Emily tried to tell, right?

Yuri thought so.

"Let's go, Elle."

Their shadow dropped down on the long streets.

~END~

"It'd better remain this way." I said,

I realized my dream would always be a dream,

Like the over-active girl that disappeared before my eyes.

The important things are lying in the future

Even though the memories are precious,

It can be buried by time.

So,I decided

To forget.
最后编辑dukkie 最后编辑于 2008-01-20 22:56:50
それは、“愛”だ!!

回复:[冬日祭][原创]KANON英文半同人文一篇

谢谢LS,正在阅读中......
「大地坏灭,城市尽毁,死伤惨重;唯一语足志:胜利。」

回复:[冬日祭][原创]KANON英文半同人文一篇

偶在想象那个老外会不会就此加入KFC……